Good psychotherapy offers you a context in which to deepen your understanding of yourself, your relationships and your difficulties, with the hope of living more fully.
The way I work takes account of you as a person in the world, and as an energetic system in your body. It is more than being simply solution-focused. However, you may hope to:
- Explore how you relate to others, as well as to yourself
- Explore & develop your life direction & purpose
- Be more at ease with yourself and with others
- Feel less anxious, overwhelmed, stressed or drained
- Release patterns and tensions held in the body
- Feel more present, embodied, vibrant and alive
- Develop a stronger, more secure sense of yourself
- Make a deeper connection with what is meaningful in your life
- Deepen or support a spiritual journey
Psychotherapy is a personal journey and a unique process, coloured by individual history and experience. Once you begin Psychotherapy, we will decide together which approaches best support your individual process. This may change over time.
I am experienced in a combination of approaches which can support your process:
- Talking therapy, taking account of current neuro-scientific research
- Psycho-spiritual approaches and an awareness of how energy works
- Body Psychotherapy and Breathwork: exploring sensation/ somatic symptoms and supporting the flow of breath
- Techniques which invite the release of deeply held stress
- Gestalt approaches which help us “come to our senses”
- Imagery and the creative imagination, including art making
- Meditation practice and relaxation techniques
- Biodynamic Massage : a simple, semi-clothed holding & light pressure which invites freeing & balancing of energy to help you contact your emotional & energetic self
All of the above takes place as a joint exploration, within the context of a therapeutic relationship. Deeper awareness of your experience of yourself & your experience of others can bring a greater fulfillment to your life Here and Now.